Monday, September 04, 2006

A belated intro

I had some difficulty as well logging into this thing and making a post. I tried the other day and gave up on it, and today I finally tried enough times that the system just... gave up and decided to let me through.

I'm a Texan by creed, majoring in Film & Media Arts and Spanish. I spent the spring semester in Spain. I would say I'm a fan of science fiction, though I'd qualifying that by saying my appreciation is limited to movies and TV; I haven't really read much sci-fi. I think I read the Martian Chronicles in 8th grade (though it might have been a different book), and that's about it. My reason for taking the course is that it seems like a really interesting, almost purely intellectual exercise in tying together two fields which seem disparate but which upon further inspection have a remarkable amount in common.

I haven't finished The Dispossessed yet, so I'll withhold my comments for the time-being (I haven't read Vanessa's last post yet for fear of spoilers).

I look forward to the semester and I'll see you all Thursday.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Russ,
If you are having any more trouble with the site let me know. I would be glad to help you!