Sunday, September 03, 2006

My two cents...

Okay, I'm not going to lie--it took me a bit to figure all of this out because it kept giving me the sign-in screen. But I seem to have figured it out now, so onward!

I also think intros are good idea. As for me and sci-fi, I have to admit that I don't read/watch much. I really want to read Dune (and this is probably 1/3 of my reason for taking the class) because everyone says it's an amazing book, and I've heard Jackson is supposed to be a good prof. I'm very interested in where this course will go and am looking forward to it! I have read Ender's Game and seen Starship Troopers and Starwars...thus ends my experience with the sci-fi genre. I have watched "Star Trek" but not recently enough to actually tell you what any episode is about. So I would say I'm venturing into new territory (to infinity and beyond!).

About me:
I'm from Colorado originally, and the longer I'm gone, the more I miss my mountains. I left Colorado when I was 17, after three years in high school, to go to a school called Li Po Chun UNited World College in Hong Kong. I went on my own accord because I was bored of my town in Colorado. I lived in HK for two years and LOVED it--people at my school were awesome and from over 62 different countries. They are undoubtedly my best friends in the world. I traveled around a bit while I was in HK--to mainland China, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. I also went to Brazil for 5 weeks with my sister after my first year in HK. Travel is definitely my passion--I am constantly saving up money for my next trip. Last summer, I went and taught English in China for a month and then traveled around, which was amazing. Just studied abroad in Cuba last semester, and I'm already getting the itch to go abroad again (and I've only been in DC for three months!).

I work at US Citizenship and Immigration Services, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security. It's very interesting, although I'm not sure if I would want to do it as a career because I miss working with customers.

No comments: